Focus and Scope
Jurnal Padegogik is a peer-refereed open-access scientific journal in the field of mathematics education. This journal is founded by Department of Mathematics Education, Universitas Advent Indonesia on 2018. Starting from 2018, Jurnal Padegogik would be published twice in a year (January and July). All submitted manuscripts will be initially reviewed by editors and are then evaluated by a minimum of two Reviewers through the double-blind review process. This is to ensure the quality of the published manuscripts in the journal.
The Jurnal Padegogik welcomes high-quality manuscripts resulted from a research project in the scope of mathematics education, which includes, but is not limited to the following topics: Realistic Mathematics Education, Design/Development Research in Mathematics Education, PISA Task, Mathematics Ability, ICT in Mathematics Education, Lesson Study for Learning Community, and Ethnomathematics. The manuscript must be original research, written in English or Bahasa Indonesia and not be simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
- Received manuscripts are first internally reviewed by the editorial committee members within 2-3 weeks of their arrival. If the manuscript(s) need revision, they are sent back to the author(s) in 4-6 weeks to make changes.
- After the appropriate revisions are complete, resubmitted, and are acceptable, they are transferred to an author-blanked form, and then sent to two or more external reviewers who are experts in their field. These external reviews usually take 4-6 weeks to be completed.
- After receiving the results from the external reviewers, the editorial committee decides if further revisions are needed and if the manuscript is deemed acceptable or not for publication.
- The editors will then make a decision based on the reviewer’s recommendation with 4 possibilities: accepted, need minor revision, require major revision, and rejected.
- Jurnal Padegogik apply double blind peer review process for the papers submitted.
"Pointing out the specifics about flaws in the papers structure is paramount. Are methods valid, is data clearly presented, and are conclusions supported by data? (Editor feedback)
If an editor can read your comments and understand clearly the basis for your recommendation, then you have written a helpful review. (Editor feedback)
Peer Review at Its Best
What peer review does best is improve the quality of published papers by motivating authors to submit good quality work and helping to improve that work through the peer review process.
In fact, 90% of researchers feel that peer review improves the quality of their published paper (University of Tennessee and CIBER Research Ltd, 2013).
Electronic issues are published in January and July.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public to supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Jurnal Padegogik Editorial Board will ensure that every published article will not exceed 30% similarity Score. Plagiarism screening will be conducted by the Jurnal Padegogik Editorial Board using Grammarly Plagiarism Checker and Crossref Similarity Check Plagiarism Screening service powered by iThenticate.
About the Crossref Similarity Check service, please visit: https://www.crossref.org/services/similarity-check/
For a searchable list of all articles in the Crossref Similarity Check database, please visit: www.ithenticate.com/search
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...