Focus and Scope
Jurnal Koinonia : Fakultas Filsafat Universitas Advent Indonesia is the research journal prepared for those who want to broaden their knowledge in the area of Biblical and Theological studies. In line with this intent, Koinonia welcomes articles coming both from national and international writers. Below is the scope of this journal:
Systematic and Historical Theology, Applied Theology (Missiology, Ministry, Leadership and Management), Biblical Studies: Old Testament, New Testament, Pastoral Counseling and Christian Education.
Peer Review Process
- Received manuscripts are first internally reviewed by the editorial committee members within 2-3 weeks of their arrival. If the manuscript(s) need revision, they are sent back to the author(s) in 4-6 weeks to make changes.
- After the appropriate revisions are complete, resubmitted, and are acceptable, they are transferred to an author-blanked form, and then sent to two or more external reviewers who are experts in their field. These external reviews usually take 4-6 weeks to be completed.
- After receiving the results from the external reviewers, the editorial committee decides if further revisions are needed and if the manuscript is deemed acceptable or not for publication.
- The editors will then make a decision based on the reviewer’s recommendation with 4 possibilities: accepted, need minor revision, require major revision, and rejected.
"Pointing out the specifics about flaws in the paper's structure is paramount. Are methods valid, are data clearly presented, and are conclusions supported by data? (Editor feedback)
If an editor can read your comments and understand clearly the basis for your recommendation, then you have written a helpful review. (Editor feedback)
Peer Review at Its Best
What peer review does best is to improve the quality of published papers by motivating authors to submit good quality work and helping to improve that work through the peer-review process.
In fact, 90% of researchers feel that peer review improves the quality of their published papers (the University of Tennessee and CIBER Research Ltd, 2013).
Electronic issues are published in January and August.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Koinonia is fully supported by the following institutions:
1. LPPM Universitas Advent Indonesia
2. Fakultas Filsafat Universitas Advent Indonesia