Acuity: Journal of English Language Pedagogy, Literature & Cultures is published twice a year, January and August, by Universitas Advent Indonesia. Acuity accepts research-based articles on English language education and Literature & Culture which have not been previously published, nor is it under review or consideration for book chapters or journal publication elsewhere. Manuscripts submitted to Acuity should conform to the following guidelines:
- Manuscript and File Type Manuscript should be written in multiple-spaced at 1,15 using essay style academic English on A4 paper (with 2,5 cm from all margins) in Microsoft Word program, in size 12 of Times New Roman font, and on 4000-7500 words in length excluding title, abstract, keywords, and references.
- Manuscript format
- Title, abstract, and keywords
The title of the manuscript submitted to Acuity should not exceed of total 15 words followed by an abstract of approximately 100 – 200 words underneath. The author should also provide 3 – 5 keywords underneath the abstract.
The article should cover: (a) Title; (b) full name(s), affiliation(s), and e-mail of author(s); (c) Abstract, which includes objectives, method, and findings of research; (d) Keywords; (e) Introduction, which includes research objective(s); (f) Literature Review; (f) Method; (g) Findings and Discussion; (h) Conclusion; (i) References; and (j) Appendix, if any.
- Citations and references Manuscript submitted to Acuity should conform to APA style for citations and references. References must consist of sources cited in the article only and should be presented alphabetically and chronologically. For example:
Gardner, H. (1993). Frames of mind: The theory of multiple intelligences. New York: Basic Books.
Romeo, K. (2008). A web-based listening methodology for studying relative clause acquisition. Computer Assisted Language Learning, 21(1), 51–66.
Thornbury, S. (1999). How to teach grammar. Harlow: Pearson Education.
More complete guidelines to APA style used for in-text citation and references list can be found at http://www.apastyle.org
- Manuscript submission
Manuscript, as well as authors’ brief CV, could be sent through our online system:
- Submitted articles will be peer-reviewed and the editorial board is permitted to edit the articles to keep format consistency without changing the essence.
- Authors whose manuscripts are accepted or rejected will get a notification from Acuity editorial board. The editorial board has the authority to return the rejected articles without asserting the causes.